General Terms and Conditions
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms- AcuMed’s Terms govern your use of and/or access to our services, products, care and premises (collectively, “Services”). By signing our consent form or registering for our Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, accepted these Terms and given consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for the purposes stated herein. You agree to be legally bound by these Terms or such amendments as and when they are made by us. If, after consenting, you wish to withdraw any specific consent or if you do not accept or agree to any Terms, you must immediately inform us. Without your consent or agreement, we are unable to provide certain Services to you.
2. Consent to Services- You consent to AcuMed providing our Services to you. These include any medical examination, test, investigation, screening, treatment and/or procedure, which our doctor may order. If you are unclear of the purpose, risks or side effect(s) of any Service being provided or have any queries, please raise your concerns immediately with our doctor or our staff. Your continued use of our Service is deemed to be your continuing consent to both our past and present Services.
3. Zero Tolerance against Abuse- Any verbal or physical abuse directed at our staff will not be tolerated. We will not hesitate to call the police if any staff feels threatened. Any feedback regarding our care and services should be directed to the proper channel.
4. Medical and Travel History, Drug Allergies and Pregnancy- You must be truthful when informing us of your medical history, drug allergies, pregnancy status and recent travel history. Inaccuracies and deficiencies in information will affect the standard of care we can provide you. We shall not be liable and you shall not hold us or our employees, agents and/or contractors responsible for any resulting physical injuries, loss of lives, disabilities, loss of future earnings, associated expenses, costs and/or consequential loss which you may suffer from receiving our Services if you disclose incorrect or incomplete information.
5. Premises Usage- We shall not in any way be responsible for any injuries sustained by you while you are at our premises, provided always that such injuries do not result from the gross negligence of AcuMed, or any of its employees, agents or contractors.
6. Lost and Found- We will endeavour to store any misplaced or unclaimed items in a secure location in our clinics for up to 7 days from when they are found or handed over to us. In all cases, AcuMed shall in no way be liable or responsible for your misplaced items, found, disposed, damaged, stolen or otherwise. If such items remain unclaimed thereafter, we will proceed to dispose of them. Our staff will make every reasonable effort to contact the owner of any misplaced item. If you are claiming any misplaced items, you shall be required to describe the item, provide identification and shall sign for the item. Your Data will also be collected and may be disclosed to the relevant party, if a dispute arises as to the ownership of the item. We shall have the sole discretion to determine if any misplaced item has been correctly identified.
7. No Refunds- Once payment has been made, there shall be no refund of monies or return of any medical products, including unconsumed medicine. Please inform our staff prior to making payment if you do not wish to purchase any medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
8. Complying with Instructions- You agree to comply with all lawful and reasonable instructions given by any of our staff, especially during any emergency. We reserve the right to refuse the provision of any Services to you and/or require that you leave our premises immediately if you fail to comply with any of our instructions.
9. Limitation of Liability/ Indemnity- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from AcuMed’s gross negligence, neither AcuMed, its employees, agents nor contractors shall be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you, directly or indirectly, howsoever arising, including, without limitation, any loss, damage, expense, cost or loss of profit, goodwill, reputation or any other consequential loss or any distress, inconvenience or anxiety that may arise out of or in connection with your use and/or access to any of our Services.
You further indemnify AcuMed, and keep indemnified on a continuing basis, against any and all losses arising from and consequential to our release of your Data (true or otherwise) to any third party.
10. Severance- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court or tribunal having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
11. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution- The Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms herein, including the validity and interpretation thereof, you agree that such dispute shall first be submitted to the Singapore Mediation Centre (“SMC”) for mediation in accordance with the corresponding SMC procedures. In the event that such dispute cannot be resolved through mediation after 2 mediation sessions or if SMC certifies that it cannot be resolved, whichever earlier, you further agree that the dispute shall thereafter be finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore under the Law Society Arbitration Scheme in accordance with the LawSoc Arbitration Rules as may be in force. The arbitration tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator and the language of the arbitration shall be English.